Wednesday 23 May 2012

Silly-Adaptability

It is my last day at work and I can feel all the mixed emotions surfacing and hitting me slowly, one by one. Though I have only spent a month here, I feel a part of it already. And this is why my title reads 'Silly-Adaptability'.
So what is adaptation? The first answer that comes to my head is quite obviously the definition we have all learnt as kids. "Adaptation is the process of adapting oneself to the environment."How simple and easy this sounds right? Back then I only understood it in terms of plants and animals like cactus having spines instead of  leaves or a huge flow chart about red and green beetles (CBSE students will know what I am talking about).
Anyway so the point is though it has been only a month since I joined this place, I already feel comfortable here. In a month, I have already got accustomed to the routine I follow, even if it's about the long hours of travelling just to get here. And though, I haven't really spoken to anyone here, (which is so unlike me) I feel at home around them. Each morning I walk in and they all look at me, greet me, I smile and return their greetings with my own and that's about it-the end of the conversation. Once in a while I listen to their talks and silently laugh at their jokes, other times I stare at their computer screens in awe for all the cool animation they do and the brilliant drawings they come up with. And then I get lost in my own world. I day dream, create stories with all the lovely animated characters I see around me, and softly without them noticing try giving their characters a voice! I simply loving doing this. I play games, surf sites, Google images, watch documentaries and advertisements on YouTube, listen to music, plan imaginary holidays, doodle, and of course work. Yeah I do work and the best part is all that I just mentioned is a part of it (yes, playing games and planning imaginary holidays is a part of my work!...you got a problem with that!) So what I am saying is that I have started to like all of this, and more than just enjoy it, I have started to get attached to it. In one word it is called Adaptation. Yes I have got adapted to my working space. It has brought some permanent changes in me. It's made me more mature. I have grown into a new person with more experience, more understanding and more efficiency. I am surely going to miss this place and the people who have been a part of it.
This is something that amuses me about being a human. Wherever we find some sort of comfort we start getting attached to it, even though we know it's temporary. I knew I was going to be working with them only for a month, even then I started calling it 'my' office, 'my' desk.. and all of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment